Senior Software Developer
A multi-billion global hedge fund in systematic trading is hiring a Senior Software Developer. Our client is looking for a high-performing, driven, and a dedicated individual contributor to join a growing team responsible for designing and implementing firm-wide software services.
This role is extremely broad, and you will focus on a range of different projects- from the front office, back office, reference data, real-time data, and many other areas. As this is a senior role you will have the opportunity to mentor and train junior members of the team.
• Development of firm-wide software system services and components
• Design and implement/delegate
• Gather use cases, and determine scope and requirements
• Lead and participate in design discussions
• Implement and/or lead others in implementing
• Manage project expectations, progress, etc.
• Document, train, and improve
• Create documentation for design/API/protocols, use cases, and support
• Lead post-project reviews, gather feedback, and distill lessons
• For each project, learn and incorporate existing technology products (3rd party and proprietary) as appropriate
• Mentor and train junior members of the team, and review pull requests
• Professional, multi-year experience in Java (primary), C++, Python, Rust, Ruby on Rails, Go, etc.
• Organized and coordinated thought process; easily navigate abstractions and black boxes
• Concise and precise communication skills
• Experience working in the trading industry; front office and/or back-office systems
• Experience working with exchange or software vendor APIs for orders, market data, or positions
• Experience working with real-time data
• Ability to empathize with stakeholder wants, and still discern stakeholder needs
• Strong computer science fundamentals (data structure, algorithms, one or more strongly typed programming languages)
• Experience programming with 3rd party APIs
• Able to work productively with members from multiple teams
• Calmly assess and take ownership of difficult-to-solve problems
• Motivated to learn from others and teach others
• Creating APIs for use by other developers
• Computer Science Undergraduate Major
• Prior experience training and mentoring recent college hires
This role will expose you to the whole life-cycle of trading at one of the leading trading firms globally. You will have the opportunity to work with the top AI and machine learning cutting-edge technologies with one of the leading global trading firms. You will be working in a high-paced, challenging team that will enable you to showcase your ability!
Please feel free to apply here or email me: firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow Algo Capital Group for updates: https://www.linkedin.com/company/algocapitalgroup/