A multi-billion global hedge fund in systematic trading is hiring a Risk Analyst. You will work across a wide variety of asset classes to deliver risk analytics and implement/monitor risk data controls. You will also work closely with Risk Managers to configure and improve risk systems, methodologies, and limits.
This role also involves frequent interaction with risk developers and collaboration with other groups across the firm. Over time, this role offers the opportunity to grow into risk management responsibilities, including monitoring markets and risk drivers across portfolios, evaluating new trade/strategy ideas, and communicating with traders/senior management when risks grow beyond established tolerances.
• Prototype and implement risk dashboards to improve transparency across various products
• Build and improve tools and configure models to help manage risks
• Run and automate analysis processes and perform ad hoc data analysis
• Validate and support risk models, methodologies, and risk management reports
• Actively participate in the risk oversight process (control, monitor, track)
• Assist in the preparation and review of external reporting and audit information
• Periodically contribute to risk management activities, which may include market and risk monitoring and exception monitoring and tracking
• Identify opportunities for innovation within executed tasks, processes and projects that contribute to the improved efficiency and effectiveness of the team
• Collaborate with software developers to maintain or productionize risk tools
• Bachelor’s Degree in a technical or quantitative field (Financial Engineering, Mathematics, Financial Math, Statistics, Computer Science)
• Experience as a Risk Analyst or similar role
• Knowledge of financial markets and financial instruments; exposure to related risk analytics and pricing preferred
• Previous programming or scripting experience (using Python, R, VBA or similar) required
• Proficiency using Microsoft Office Excel and related advanced features
• Proficiency in SQL to analyze and manage large data sets
• Strong analytical and organizational skills with acute attention to detail
• Flexibility to provide on-call support as needed
• Ability to balance tactical and strategic initiatives and changing priorities
• Motivation to continually expand skillset and improve supported systems
This role will allow you to work with cutting-edge technologies with one of the leading global trading firms. You will be working in a high-paced, challenging team that will enable you to showcase your ability!
Please feel free to apply here or email me: email@example.com
Follow Algo Capital Group for updates: https://www.linkedin.com/company/algocapitalgroup/