Senior Software Engineer (Python)
A global hedge fund in systematic trading (£30bn) is hiring a Senior Software Engineer in London. This is a top-performing high-frequency trading firm where the successful candidate will sit with Traders to expand a trading platform for market-making and proprietary trading.
If successful, the Senior Software Engineer will sit on the trading floor focussing on designing, implementing, and operating automated systems for options across a variety of asset classes from fixed income and equities to digital assets.
Total compensation for this Senior Software Engineer role in the region of £220k-£350k + upside on bonus.
Senior Software Engineer Responsibilities:
- Manage the day-to-day technology requirements of the high-frequency proprietary trading systems
- Design, develop, implement, test, and support production
- Accelerate trading and research analysis workflows by utilising and expanding infrastructure
- Evaluate new technologies to improve on the current technological stack
- Collaborate with other engineers, traders, and researchers to design custom frameworks
- Write performance-sensitive code and user-friendly APIs to facilitate access to the in-house data analysis infrastructure
- Lead design discussions and conduct code reviews to maintain high standards and quality of written code
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science
- Can operate in multiple language domains (Python, Java, C++, or Rust)
- Experience building and running production quantitative services in the trading industry
- Expertise in data analysis, machine learning, artificial intelligence, or signal processing
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with Linux
- Ability to mentor others and lead small projects
Please apply to the role directly, or feel free to email me: email@example.com
Follow Algo Capital Group for updates: https://www.linkedin.com/company/algocapitalgroup/