A global Hedge Fund seeking a Director Technology – Enterprise – Open Source reporting to the CIO, you will lead a team of seven engineers, developers .Build and lead a dynamic Technology team with diverse skills and experiences that is coordinated seamlessly with trading and quants, and in sync with the firm’s mission and vision. Lead and Develop a detailed roadmap for the Technology Platform
- Champion for implementation of open source technology into the firm
- Embed continuous improvement methodologies, tools, and technologies that make developers more productive
- Work closely with Infrastructure engineering to build on-demand provisioning
- Collaborate with senior members of the technology architecture team to review and improve your team’s approach to building a platform that has the potential to be used more broadly
- Can drive technology transformation through modernized technology stack, up-to-date processes, and acquisition of new skillsets
- Can drive standardization to achieve Enterprise scale
- Experience in automation of the SDLC processes including pre- and post- release
- Experience in open source usage and contribution.
- Experience with micro services architecture, understanding trade offs and design principals
- Experience leading teams
- Ability to build trust and influence within the company, your area, as well as with external partners.
- Experience with micro-services architecture - design/assembly of frameworks to meet non-functional requirements of alerting/monitoring/metrics collection/discovery
- Experience in Big Tech companies, Cloud services, and setting tooling/policies/guidelines to incentivize behavior would all be advantageous to the role