Head of Linux Low Latency Systems Engineering
A global successful hedge fund mid and high frequency be responsible for the global Linux server platform health. This person will participate in the design, deployment and maintenance of the high performance platform to support the trading environment. They will also automate daily software and hardware tasks while writing and maintaining scripts and tools. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, proactive, and able to take ownership of projects and lead a team of five; manage problems with minimal supervision. In this role, you will:
- Manage trading Linux server infrastructure at domestic and global data centres
- Be responsible for trading system server operations
- Work with developers and other senior infrastructure engineers to investigate new products and techniques to improve efficiency and performance in the environment
- Architect and maintain multi-vendor, tier-based storage solutions
- Manage and maintain trading system messaging middleware
- Provide additional day-to-day support including system analysis, monitoring, and performance tuning, as well as developer workstation support
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field
- 5+years of systems engineering experience.
- Advanced Linux knowledge including, but not limited to, kernel bypass, kernel tuning, and customizing kernels.
- Deep understanding of virtualization and containerization technologies.
- Extensive experience with a variety of Linux distributions (RedHat, Ubuntu ,etc.)
- Deep understanding of system monitoring and configuration management tools (Ansible, Cobbler, SaltStack, and Icinga/Nagios)
- Proficiency in scripting and using automation and orchestration tools such as Python and Bash
- Expertise in troubleshooting multicast and TCP related performance issues.
- Experience automating daily software and hardware related tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to lead large technical projects and a team.
- Experience with automating infrastructure builds, such as CFEngine, NetBoot, Anaconda, Kickstart and Ansible customization.
- Familiarity with git or a similar version control tool.
- Working knowledge of database systems, including PostgreSQL and MySQL.
- Familiarity with Windows environments.
- Experience with SOAP and REST APIs.