UI Head of UI Technology C#.NET. ReactJS.
A global elite trading firm with a strong focus on collaboration, cutting-edge technology, data-driven solutions, and automation, specializes in providing liquidity across global markets high-frequency trading, Equities, FX, Options, Futures. They are seeking a hands-on technical manager to lead the UI development team. you will lead a team of five developers working on the cross-platform front-end systems, which spans web and desktop technologies. The ideal candidate has experience building performance-minded systems and compelling user interfaces, but also in coaching and mentoring a team towards a high bar of excellence. The applications that you and your team build will aid traders and quant researchers in understanding market conditions, assessing risk, and managing automated components in our system. Performance is key and is always looking for more efficient and innovative ways to view the markets.
In this role, you will:
- Provide excellent management and oversight to the UI development team, based in the Chicago office
- Front-end applications and drive the execution of critical projects to expand functionality, improve performance, or simplify user workflows
- Work closely with senior trading and quant stakeholders, as well as other development teams to understand their current and future needs and help in effectively prioritizing the team’s work
- Ensure the team is delivering software using Agile methodologies and modern software best practices
- Drive new means of visualizing data that will allow our traders to discover new insights and improve their daily decision-making
- Lead and mentor the team towards a high bar of excellence
- BS/MS/Ph.D. in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Physics or related field
- 5+ years of professional experience in leading development teams and building front-end applications either in a desktop or web setting
- Deep experience with desktop technologies (C#, .NET, WPF) or modern web applications (HTML5, CSS3, ReactJS), and ideally some of both
- Experience in building and growing teams, and providing mentorship to junior team members
- Ability to operate in a fast-moving environment and deal with the complexity of multiple priorities and stakeholders.
- Passion for working with users and developing solutions that deliver an amazing user experience (UX)