A global Investment Management business are hiring in The Exchange Traded Fund (ETF) Team at looking for a new Portfolio Manager in London as part of its growth plans to build a full-service ETF business that can help advance its positioning in the European ETFs market.
Excellent salary and PnL share on offer, aswell as working for a highly regarded business.
The ideal candidate would have a ETF portfolio management background and track record in or related asset management and have a real interest in how portfolios are traded and managed on a day to day basis.
The jobs duties are as follows:
ETF Portfolio Manager with focus on managing physical equity portfolios (fully replicated and optimised)
- Manage corporate actions/rebalances in the index
- Trade physical equity ETF underlying to ensure tracking with the index
- Execute orders and liaise with brokers
- Trade FX to satisfy settlement
- NAV reconciliation and attribution
Manage synthetic portfolios and all related aspects of the synthetic fund platform
- Place swap trades for swap backed ETFs
- Place repo trades for swap backed ETFs, manage cash
- Collateral management (swap backed PCFs)
- Portfolio Composite File (PCF) training
- Previous experience in managing physical equity portfolios required
- FCA Approved Person (CF30)
- Advanced professional qualification (IMC, CFA, CAIA) preferred
- A good understanding of ETF's and the various replication models by which they carry their investment objective across the board from synthetic to physical replication
- An understanding of how indices work and are calculated
- An understanding of UCITS regulations and guidance notes with respect to the management of the assets of ETF funds
- An understanding of how PCFs work and are calculated
- Understanding of how ETFs are traded across the primary/secondary market
- Experience in swaps and repo transaction preferred
- Understanding of middle and back office functions preferred
- Advanced Excel user (VBA preferred)
- Knowledge of Bloomberg
- Excellent numeracy skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to make decisions and act quickly in a pressured environment
- Seek innovative solutions to problems as they arise, implementing new processes and system developments.